Aquatran Model 2 designed for customers who need to measure WVTR of ultra-high barrier films and packages.
The AQUATRAN Model 2 measures water vapor transmission rates accurately and repeatable to 5×10-5 g/(m2-day) and offers the following advantages:
- The AQUATRAN Model 2 measures accurately to 5×10-5 g/(m2-day) repeatedly. That’s an order of magnitude lower than the very successful Model
- The AQUATRACE® sensor requires no calibration as it follows Faradays Law and converts every molecule that enters the sensor into a measurable charge
- The transient data is quantifiable and can be viewed during or after the test. Analysis of transient data can yield important information about an OLED structure. For example, users tell us that viewing transient data is important in detecting defects and voids in the coatings applied in OLEDS.
Some of more than 11 improvements to the Aquatran Model 2 include:
- Improved sensor design – increased sensitivity
- Improved electronics – lower base “noise” level
- Improved valve design – reduced leakage in plumbing
- A new MOCON technology called TruSealTM which reduces seal edge leaks from ambient humidity
- Improved block design – reduced leaks and reduced seal edge leaks
Offered in Two Models:
- G Model which offers relative humidity for films from 35-90% and a temperature range of 10-40C. Packages at ambient temperature or 10-40C with option environmental chamber.
- W Model with 100% relative humidity for both films and packages and a temperature range from film of 10-50C.
Customers with existing Aquatran Model 1 Master units can upgrade their systems by attaching Model 2 satellites to the Model 1 master.