Insort Sherlock Hybrid
The Sherlock Hybrid Sorting System, designed and manufactured by Austrian-based Insort, allows food processors to separate acceptable products, foreign object material, and defective products into 3 grades in just one pass.
The secret to the system lies in the system’s combination of Chemical Imaging Technology (CIT®) and high-resolution RGB (visible light) cameras, which enable assessment of the whole near-infrared spectrum and analysis of objects’ chemical composition, regardless of color, shape, surface or density.
Once analysed Sherlock Hybrid engages its proven air separation technology and food optimised flap separation function, to separate your products for faster and more efficient grading and processing.
Key System Features:
- The flap ensures that foreign bodies classified as heavy by CIT®, such as stones, metal or glass, are removed reliably.
- The flap ensures that foreign bodies classified as light by CIT®, such as plastic film, paper, cardboard or packaging cord are removed reliably.
- CIT® reliably classifies nutshell fragments, enabling them to be removed by the air jets so as to maximize yield.
- Product defects identified by RGB cameras are discarded using air jets so as to maximize yield.
- The combination of CIT® and RGB cameras means that information on chemical composition, color and shape can be synthesized for every object and the most serious defects, such as berry stalks, can be recognized and discarded by means of the air jets so as to maximize yield.
- High-resolution RGB cameras reliably identify differences in size as well as color defects and discard them so as to maximize yield (e.g. removal of shorter French fries or those with defects).