PERMATRAN-C 4/30 Series Permeation Analyser
The PERMATRAN-C 4/30 permeation analyzer is the perfect solution for rapid accurate CO2TR testing on low to high-level barriers.
- Carbon Dioxide Permeation Analyzer
- Permeability Test Film and packages
- Complies with ASTM F2476
- 2 CellCartridge System
The PERMATRAN-C 4/30 CO2 permeation analyzer can test the Carbon Dioxide Transmission Rate (CO2TR) on both films and packages from low to high barriers. It features two independent cells with interchangeable horizontal test cartridges that allow for a wide variety of sample sizes and packaging materials
- MOCON’s patented modulated infrared sensor is the only modulated sensor system on the market meeting ASTM F2476
- Low CO2TR detection levels down to 0.5 cc/(m2 x day)
- Fully automated temperature, flow controls simplify testing and provide unparalleled repeatability
- Modulated IR sensors measure CO2 gas concentrations in real time greatly reducing overall CO2TR test times compared to Zahm-Nagel CO2 testing methods
- Excellent correlation to Zahm-Nagel shelf life studies allowing equivalency while significantly reducing long term testing
- Automated test methods can start a test by a single press of a button
- TruSeal gas flushed perimeter sealing can eliminate the need for absolute zero in many tests, thus shortening overall test times
The PERMATRAN-C 4/30 analyzers can test the Carbon Dioxide Transmission Rate (CO2TR) from low to high barriers on films, packages and bottles. Unlike manometric or Zahm-Nagel methods that require long periods of time to provide results the PERMATRAN-C 4/30 utilizes MOCON’s patented modulated IR sensor system allowing it to provide accurate results in much less time. Designed for a wide range of barriers, this analyzer provides highly repeatable test results from 0.5 to 8,000 cc/ (m2 day). The upper detection limit can be extended with the use of a reduced area film test cartridge (factor x9), or by using various sizes of masking.
The analyzer has industry leading features such as removable and interchangeable horizontal test cartridges, easy to use touch screen operator interface, and fully automated testing providing higher throughput in the lab with less training.
For more than 25 years, MOCON’s PERMATRAN series of analyzers have been the most trusted and longest lasting on the market. The 4/30 delivers fast CO2TR results in less time than traditional methods helping to speed up your research and development of new materials or give you efficient QC verification of existing products.