NDC Infralab At-line Analyser – Meat
The InfraLab e-Series at-Line or bench-top meat Analyzer from NDC provides rapid accurate measurement of fat. moisture, protein, collagen, collagen/protein ratio, in virtually any raw meat product: beef. pork, lamb or poultry.
Easy-to-use, the InfraLab Meat Analyzer requires no special operator skills, and takes just 10 seconds to make the analysis of parameters which are key to the efficient production of consistent batches. Accurate measurement of these parameters enables proccessors to:
- Achieve consistent quality
- Optimize batch fat values
- Reduce lean giveaway
- Replace laboratory testing
Ensure supply chain satisfaction
Using multi-wavelength NIR reflection, the InfraLab does not require contact with the product sample. The sample dish containing the homogenized meat sample is placed on the turntable; the InfraLab automatically recognizes that it has been placed there and begins the analysis.The InfraLab has its own substantial onboard data storage capacity (up to 10,000 sample files), but data can also be downloaded periodically to a USB memory stick or directly to a PC for analysis in a spreadsheet or other software. Alternatively, it connects via Ethernet to a PC where the data is stored and displayed and can also be integrated into a LIMS network.
The InfraLab e-Series has been designed to be used in a processing environment and features:
- Easy-to-clean design using robust materials
- Pass code protected user log in access
- Rugged and robust construction able to withstand use in a production area
InfraLab has been independently tested and approved
The InfraLab is designed to be calibrated to your laboratory method such as AOAC Office Method 991.35 Fat (Crude). This means that you can enjoy laboratory accuracy without the costs, the chemicals or the time associated with lab methods. The InfraLab Meat Analyzer has undergone extensive testing internationally to ensure the integrity of results. On request, independent test results from a major internationally recognized food testing laboratory showing InfraLab compared to the following ISO methods are available:
- %Fat: ISO 1443:1973. Total fat (acid hydrolysis) method for Beef, Pork and Lamb
- %Moisture: ISO 1442:1997. Gravimetric Oven (sample mixed with sand to ensure effective loss in moisture
- %Protein: ISO 937:1986. Total Protein by Kjeldahl
- %Collagen: ISO 3496:1994. Total Collagen by Measuring Hydroxyproline amino acid content and multiply result by 8
- InfraLab has also been tested and awarded Aus-Meat approval: Aus-Meat approves the NDC InfraLab Meat Fat Analyser – 09-2012
For more information call 1800 354 302 (Australia).