AQUATRAN 3/40 WVTR Analyser for Packages
The AQUATRAN 3/40 is the next evolution in whole package permeation testing for Water Vapor Transmission Rate in controlled conditions.
- Water Vapor Permeation Analyzer
- Packages & Film
- Complies with ASTM F1249
- 4 Cell Cartridge System for Package Testing
The AQUATRAN 3/40 is the next evolution in whole package testing for Water Vapor Transmission Rate (WVTR). This advanced analyzer integrates MOCON’s proven WVTR analyzer system with a precision environmental chamber to elevate package testing to the next level in accuracy, repeatability and ease of use. With special functions designed for package testing they greatly reduce overall test time while the new package testing cartridge designs offer simple sample preparation and improved repeatability of test results. They feature 4 independent cells with changeable test cartridges that allow a wide variety of package sizes and types to be easily and accurately tested, many without the use of epoxy.
Highest Accuracy Package Testing
- MOCON’s Patented Modulated Infrared sensor is the only modulated sensor system on market meeting ASTM F1249
- Low detection levels down to 0.000025 g/(pkg x day)
- Fully automated temperature, flow and RH controls simplify testing and provide unparalleled repeatability
Ease of Use
- Removable test cartridges allow fast sample exchange with the touch of 1 button
- Different cartridge options designed to make mounting and testing for a wide variety of package types simple, accurate, and repeatable
- Advanced automatic purge and conditioning capability for packages reduce overall testing time
- Touch screen interface allows complete control and monitoring of all testing variables throughout the testing process
The AQUATRAN 3/40 package testing analyzer can test the Water Vapor Transmission Rate (WVTR) on both films and packages from low to high barriers. It uses the MOCON’s patented long life modulated IR sensor which is the basis for the ASTM standard F1249. The 4 independent test cells can perform different tests in parallel under precisely controlled environmental conditions from 10 to 50 degrees C and a range of 30 to 90% humidity in the chamber.
A variety of testing cartridges are available to easily and accurately test trays, bottles, flexible containers, pouches, cups, pods, caps, closures, cartons, films and just about any other type of sample. Custom designed cartridges are also available to simplify sample preparation and improve testing repeatability.
For more than 25 years, MOCON’s water vapor series of instruments have been the most trusted and longest lasting on the market. The AQUATRAN 3/40 is the newest option available that takes whole package testing to the next level allowing brand owners and packaging service providers the ability to reliably test the shelf life of their finished packages. It is the perfect complement to any testing laboratory who frequently tests complete packages.