OX-TRAN 2/40 OTR Analyser for Packages
The OX-TRAN 2/40 series is the next evolution in whole package testing for Oxygen Transmission Rate in controlled conditions.
- Oxygen Permeation Analyzer
- Packages & Film
- ASTM D3985
- 4 Cell Cartridge System for Package Testing
The OX-TRAN 2/40 series is the next evolution in whole package testing for Oxygen Transmission Rate (OTR). These advanced analyzers integrate MOCON’s proven OTR analyzer system with a precision environmental chamber to elevate package testing to the next level in accuracy, repeatability and ease of use. With special functions designed for oxygen barrier testing, they greatly reduce overall test time while the new package testing cartridge designs offer simple sample preparation and improved repeatability of test results. They feature 4 independent cells with changeable test cartridges that allow a wide variety of package sizes and types to be easily and accurately tested, many without the use of epoxy.
High Accuracy Package Testing
- Patented Coulox® sensor is the only absolute Coulometric sensor on market, never requiring calibration
- Low level detection available down to 25*10-7 cc/(package*day) (10X model)
- Fully automated temperature, flow and RH controls simplify testing and provide unparalleled repeatability
Ease of Use
- Removable test cartridges allow fast sample exchange with the touch of 1 button
- Different cartridge options designed to make mounting and testing for a wide variety of package types simple, accurate, and repeatable
- Advanced automatic purge and conditioning capability for packages reduce overall testing time
- Touch screen interface allows complete control and monitoring of all testing variables throughout the testing process
The Ox-Tran 2/40 series of package testing analyzers can test the Oxygen Transmission Rate (OTR) on both films and packages from low to high barriers. They use MOCON’s patented Coulox absolute (intrinsic) coulometric sensor requires no calibration and is the base for the ASTM standard D3985. The 4 independent test cells can perform different tests in parallel under precisely controlled environmental conditions from 10 to 50 degrees C and a range of dry to 90% humidity in the chamber.
A variety of testing cartridges are available to easily and accurately test trays, bottles, flexible containers, pouches, cups, pods, caps, closures, cartons, films and just about any other type of sample. Custom designed cartridges are also available to simplify sample preparation and improve testing repeatability.
This family of versatile instruments has 3 models each having a different factor of lower detection limits.
- H Model (common barriers) – detection range from 0.00025 to 1 cc/package*day
- L Model (high barriers) – is able to achieve a factor of 10 lower than the H Model providing a range from 0.000025 to 1 cc/package * day
- 10X Model (ultra-high barriers) – the lowest detection level at 100 times lower than the H model providing a range from 0.0000025 to 1 cc/package*day.
For more than 25 years, MOCON’s OX-TRAN series of instruments have been the most trusted and longest lasting on the market. The OX-TRAN 2/40 series is the newest option available that takes whole package testing to the next level allowing brand owners and packaging service providers the ability to reliably test the shelf life of their finished packages. It is the perfect complement to any testing laboratory who frequently tests complete