PERMATRAN-W 3/34 WVTR Analyser
The PERMATRAN-W 3/34 Series of permeation analyzers are MOCON’s most trusted and reliable instruments for WVTR testing on low to high-level barriers.
- Water Vapor Permeation Analyzer
- Test Film and Packages
- Complies with ASTM F1249
- 2 Cell Cartridge System
The PERMATRAN-W 3/34 high-tech analyzers can test the Water Vapor Transmission Rate (WVTR) on both films and packages from low to high barriers. They feature 2 independent cells with interchangeable horizontal test cartridges that allow a wide variety of sample sizes and types to be easily and accurately tested.
- MOCON’s patented modulated infrared sensor is the only modulated sensor system on market meeting ASTM F1249
- Low detection levels down to 0.005 g/(m2 x day)
- Fully automated temperature, flow and RH controls simplify testing and provide unparalleled repeatability
- Industries fastest sensor response time allows shorter overall test times
- Removable test cartridges allow fast easy sample preparation
- Automated test method can start a test by a single press of a button
- TruSeal gas flushed perimeter sealing can eliminate the need for absolute zero in many tests thus shortening overall test times
The PERMATRAN-W 3/34 WVTR analyzer is easy to use and offers the shortest test times available in the market. It uses the MOCON’s patented long life modulated IR sensor which is the basis for the ASTM standard F1249.
This family of highly accurate instruments has 2 models each having a different factor of lower detection limits.
- H Model (common barriers) – the most popular detection range from 0.05 to 100 g/(m2 x day)
- G Model (high barriers) – is able to achieve a factor of 10 lower than the H Model providing a range from 0.005 to 100 g/(m2 x day)
The upper detection limit can be extended with the use the reduced area film test cartridge (factor x9), or various size masking.
The series has industry leading features such as removable and interchangeable horizontal test cartridges, easy to use touch screen operator interface, and fully automated testing providing higher throughput in the lab with less training.
For more than 25 years, MOCON’s PERMATRAN series of instruments have been the most trusted and longest lasting on the market. From simple single layered barriers to complex multi-layered barriers, the PERMATRAN-W 3/34 is the right choice for reliable WVTR testing.